Saturday 18 August 2012

Disney's Eating Disorder Joke

It feels as if I am always late when it comes to new topics but here I go.

I believe it was in December 2011, when a Disney television show, Shake it Up, made a joke about eating disorders. It was 'I could just eat you guys up, you know... If I ate'. Here is the video:



As you can see, it feels as if Disney is trying to promote eating disorders to children. Demi Lovato, a Disney star who suffers from bulimia soon tweeted:

Later:
Note both Raven Symone and Hilary Duff have had to deal with pressure from the media to loose weight.

And finally she sent a message to her formal employers:
Disney has since pulled the episode.

Though Lovato is Pro Recovery, I respect her. She stood up for what she believed in and made a difference.

Stay Strong

James

No comments:

Post a Comment